There’s nothing worse than your head pounding right in the middle of the day. While pain relievers offer a temporary solution, they shouldn’t be used on a regular basis. That’s why it’s imperative to find a safe, long-term remedy for your headaches. In this blog post, we will share our top five from Reader’s Digest.
- Coffee – Experts recently confirmed that caffeine, which reduces the swelling of blood vessels, helps reduce the intensity and frequency of headaches. Don’t overdo it, though. Just one cup of joe should do the trick.
- Hot/cold washcloth – Tension headaches, caused by contractions in the head and neck, are brought on by stress, anxiety, and lack of sleep. If you experience this type of a headache on a regular basis, try placing a washcloth in hot water. Then wring it out, fold into a compress, and place on your forehead to relax tight muscles. Vascular headaches, on the hand, come about from the contraction and expansion of blood vessels in a particular area of the head. With these headaches, do the same thing but with cold water. This constricts the blood vessels and reduces blood flow, taking the pressure off and providing much-needed relief.
- Massage – Use your middle finger to massage the points of the face just opposite your nostrils (the tip of the nose). Then massage with clockwise circles for two or three minutes to provide relief.
- Foot soak – This is one that often surprises folks. That said, blood drawn to the blower body reduces pressure in the blood vessels of the head. So fill a small tub with hot water mixed with mustard powder and soak your feet. Within about a half hour or so, you should start to feel relief.
- Ginger tea – Ginger tea works wonders for migraines. Just pour three cups of water over two tablespoons of freshly grated ginger. Let steep a few minutes before straining through a small sieve into a teacup. Sip and enjoy!
Headache Relief From Our Wellness Centers
At Pro Chiropractic Clinics, we understand that headaches are different for everyone. Whether intermittent or chronic, headaches are one of the most aggravating types of pain. Begin the process of doing away with your headaches by visiting one of our wellness centers. Our chiropractors will locate trigger points and diagnose any underlying conditions that may be causing them. The team at Pro Chiropractic offers spinal adjustments and massages that can alleviate headaches and relax muscles that lead up to the head. Most importantly, we make it a point to educate patients on what they can do at home to prevent headaches from returning.
As much as possible, we will avoid recommending painkillers and traditional treatments. Please be aware that we may also suggest X-rays, MRIs, CT scans, blood pressure tests, and other methods that can help diagnose conditions or injuries related to the headaches.
Don’t let headaches continue to run your life. Instead, find headache relief from Pro Chiropractic. We also offer bulging disc treatment, slipped disc treatment, spinal decompression therapy, natural hormone replacement, and more.